About Trauma-Informed Treatment – Definition
About Trauma-Informed treatment counselling, therapy and Trauma-informed treatment each offer something different. While they have knowledge and awareness of what trauma is and how it may affect your life, thinking, feeling and behaviour, they approach it differently.
Trauma-informed therapist/practitioners are aware of symptoms that traumatised clients may experience.
The core principles of trauma-informed treatment’s aim is to create an environment that fosters safety, trust, collaboration, and empowerment fortheir clients.
What is Trauma Treatment
Trauma exists on a continuum from mild to high. This may be any experience that was disturbing, shocking or terrifying, that was unable to be processed at the time.
This triggers the ‘fight and flight’ response that represses trauma to protect the victim from its disturbing content.
Trauma is frequently held in the neural pathways of the brain, mind and body and may be triggered into trauma symptoms in daily life immediately, or many years after the event.
What to consider in seeking Trauma-Informed Treatment
Picking the right therapist and approach is crucial in assisting you in going from Victim or survivor to Thriving and putting the issue behind you. Start living instead of surviving.
It was thought until recently that the brain could not heal. Neuroscience has shown that the brain is constantly rewiring itself and can self-heal under appropriate circumstances and quickly. Regardless of whether your trauma was acquired a long time ago or recently.
About Trauma-Informed Treatment Therapists
You may want to ask:
- Have they had success with many clients with trauma or PTSD?
- Is the therapist Trauma-Informed?
- Does include effective and accurate processing that are cost and time efficient?
- Or does the therapist focus on attempting to resolve or process the trauma
- Is their focus on assisting you in managing the symptoms with tools?
- Is the therapist reccomending medication?
- Does the therapist’s solution rest on asking you to retell your story of what happened?
- Is the therapist using up to date knowledge in neuroscience that the brain can heal under appropriate conditions and processing techniques that Psychiatrist Norman Doidge shares in his book
The Brains way of Healing details ?
About Trauma-Informed Treatment and Therapy
Trauma-Informed counselling and Trauma-Informed therapy have knowledge and awareness of what trauma is and how it may affect your life, thinking, feeling and behaviour.
Trauma-Informed practitioners are aware of typical trauma symptoms that traumatised victims may experience.
About Trauma-Informed Treatment Effectiveness
For trauma-informed treatment effectiveness
The client is more likely to be accepting of treatment and the therapist if the therapist is aware of how to deal with someone with trauma, thoreticall and practically in effective processing.
More confidence with therapist can mean:
- outcome is better
- better engagement
- better adherence to treatment
Video on Trauma Informed Treatment with a difference
List of key principles and approaches of trauma-informed treatment:
Trustworthiness and Transparency
Building trust and being transparent is paramount in trauma-informed care. Being transparent about treatment processes, expectations, and any potential changes means that the client is aware and understands the process(es). There are no surprises. This helps the client feel secure.
Creating a safe and secure environment ifor the client involving physical and emotional safety. Therapists need to be aware of potential triggers and work to minimize any potential harm or no harm at all. Yildiz does not ask her clients to repeat what happened in the trauma and so does not traumatise the client.
May help to provide connection and to assist you in being heard – but you could end up with further vicarious trauma in listening ot others expereinces. Peer support can help in realising that you are not the only person going through this type of trauma,
Readiness for change
In a trauma-informed approach, the client needs to feel that they are ready and willing for change. Yildiz is for you if you have reached that point. She can then facilitate her processes in the knowledge that the client is receptive and willing. That is – not wanting to stay in their trauma.
Choice and empowerment
Encouraging clients to actively participate in their treatment with guidance through the processes. Helping to restore the sense of control that may have been lost due to the trauma.
Coming back in a healthy snse of power and empowerment.
Injustice is a big part of persisting trauma symptoms. Pratical trauma Informed treatment through Rapid Core Healing assists you in finding justice and letting go of any shame or burdens you may be carrying.
Understanding the Impact of Trauma
Yildiz is understanding of how trauma can affect you physically, emotionally, and socially. This includes recognizing the potential for re-traumatization and she works in a way that you won’t be traumatised.
Resilience – allowing the client to discover and embrace their resilience
Clients have a lot of inner strength and resouces. Yildiz harnesses these resources in allowing you to overcome your trauma.
Yildiz has over 20 years of experience in dealing with trauma. She taught methods of counselling for many years at ACAP. There was a feeling for Yildiz that there must be a way to overcome trauma quickly and effectively. She founded Emotional Mind Integration and Rapid Core Healing through her studies and most of all through her work with clients over many years. Well versed in trauma-informed care ensures that trauma-informed care principles are applied in the delivery of her services.
Understanding and adapting to what is required
Because Yildiz is highly trained and highly experienced – she can tailor the processes to your exact needs and very quickly. Some clients only see her once or twice because she uses such effective techniques. Clients may respond differently to treatment and she adapts to what her client can accept and take. Being flexible and responsive to the unique needs of each person is Yildiz’s creed in trauma-informed care.
Using new processes
Just as new drugs are discovered to overcome diseases – Yildiz uses new processes and understandings as they become available. New research is coming out that the brain can change – you don’t have to live with the trauma for the rest of your life. E.G. The Brains way of Healing details ?
There are a range of therapies that work with trauma.
Some of the most populat trauma Informed approaches are
- CBT Cognitive behavioural (DBT) therapies
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- (MBCT) Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
- (ACT)Acceptance and commitment therapy
- (REBT)Rational emotive behavior therapy
- EMDR Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Talk therapies many styles of counselling, psychotherapies (too many to name)
- Creative Therapies
- Music and movement Therapies
- Somatic therapies
- Practical Trauma Informed Treatment for personal and generational trauma through Rapid Core Healing
* Look at the table below for more details on these trauma therapies.
About Trauma-Informed Treatments
Duration of Trauma-Informed Treatment
CBT Cognitive behavioural therapies often is accompanied with medication.
· Cognitive restructuring or reframing. …
· Guided discovery. …
· Exposure therapy. …
· Journaling and thought records. …
· Activity scheduling and behavior activation. …
· Behavioural experiments. …
· Relaxation and stress reduction techniques. …
· Role playing.
12- 16 sessions
a psychotherapy treatment that aims to reduce distressing emotions associated with traumatic memories
. It involves consulting with a trained psychologist
Normally over 12 sessions
Talk therapy to help change feelings, behaviour and promote more positive perceptions.
Number of sessions not indicated
Art and or crafts
Using visual and kinaesthetic means to experience themselves in new ways.
Raise awareness, Open up perspectives, visual journaling
Number of sessions not indicated
Music, Movement and or dance
Using sound to express and sooth emotions. Raise awareness, Open up perspectives.
Number of sessions not indicated
Massage techniques to manipulate muscles and soft tissue
Number of sessions not indicated
Practical Trauma Informed Treatment for personal and generational trauma through Rapid Core Healing
Family Constellations to resolve generational disturbances and Trauma. Using spatial awareness of connection, constellation somatic processing and emotional release. Details
Emotional Mind Integration to resolve persona trauma. Quickly locating and processing the cause of a trauma symptom somatically and visually.
Clearing neural pathways by a sequence of processes in one technique: Emotional Mind Integration Details
Is there more than one type of trauma?
In my practice of over twenty four years so far, my clients have shown me that there are at least three types of trauma that require processing.
- Personal trauma from situations in daily life. (e.g. Bullying. Alienation. Racism. Abuse. Emotional. Psychological. Physical DV/sexual assault. War.)
- Relational trauma from formative years and poor relational bonding.
- Generational disturbances and trauma.
About Trauma-Informed Treatment’s need for a new approach
Medical Model Approach with GPs’, Psychologists, psychiatrists.
Medical Model practitioners are frequently educated into the following beliefs:
- The brain or the mind cannot heal once it is ‘broken.’
- There is a focus and atempt to help people by managing symptoms with logical-based approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapies, often accompanied by medication.
- More recently EMDR, Mindfulness meditation have been included.
Non-Medical model Trauma-Informed Treatment counsellors and psychotherapies believe in and focus on one or more of the following:
- Counselling Skills
- Holding a safe non-judgmental space with compassion will assist in healing.
- Unpacking and telling the story of what happened.
- Logic and rational thinking with strategies for management.
- Awareness and understanding of symptoms and finding new perspectives
- thoughts and beliefs
- somatic body based feelings and senses
About Trauma-Informed Treatment’s issues and approaches:
There is an assumption that trauma may be accessed through cognitive reasoning.
Facts are that unprocessed trauma is repressed in the subconscious mind See details amygdala, hippocampus, and prefrontal cortex.
- Not easily accessed through the conscious mind and conscious communication.
Normally repressed in an automatic response of the nervous system, to provide safety for the client, so they can function and primarily for survival. It’s often only later that the symptoms of trauma (PTSD) arise in symptoms and triggers in daily life.
- Once the trauma is accessed, trauma informed counsellors and psychotherapists need to have not only adequate trauma informed knowledge and skills for holding a safe space, but also practical trauma informed techniques and skills to gently and efficiently assist them in processing it quickly and safely. Within each session. Otherwise they may leave the session retraumatised.
In my professional opinion based on practice, it is not safe trauma informed practice, to expect a client to cope with an opened up trauma until the next session or across weeks or months.
This level of knowledge and skills in Pratical Trauma-Informed Treatment requires up-to-date specific training with effective processing techniques.
About what we advise in Trauma-Informed Treatment best practice
For effective trauma informed treatment, practitioners need the knowledge and skills to work competently with each trauma that may arise in a session: personal, childhood, relational or generational.
All of the following are necessary elements of Practical Trauma Informed Treatment.
- Counselling Skills
- Ability to guide the client through the processing of trauma adaptably and fluently
About Trauma-Informed differences between counselling (or psychotherapy) and
our Practical Trauma-Informed Treatment
Belief about where trauma lies
How to access trauma
How to process
|Former Approaches – Trauma Informed Counselling or Therapy
Techniques working with conscious mind.
Over time, through exploration and managing mind, emotions and thought
|Practical Trauma Informed Treatment through
Rapid Core Healing
Subconscious mind and body.
|Techniques to directly access the cause of the specific trauma
Processing trauma directly and quickly
About Practical Trauma-Informed Treatment offered through Rapid Core Healing:
- I don’t get you to tell your story as I know this can be retraumatising.
- Specific, effective and efficient for processing the causal trauma through neural pathways quickly.
- Requiring only 2-4 sessions for each complex issue or trauma.
About Trauma-Informed Treatment offered by Yildiz Sethi M. Couns.:
- Yildiz has many, many years experience and helped many people overcome their issues.
- The process is safe in that it does not traumatise you as Yildiz does not ask you to repeat what happened
- Yildiz quickly works out what needs to be done and starts to resolve the issue straight away. There is no time wasted.
- For these reasons – only a few sessions are required in helping to resolve your issue(s).
- Because the issue(s) are resolved quickly (for at least 90% of all clients) – you can start living again and put this behind you.
- The process is effective and therefore cost-effective.
What Practical Trauma Informed Treatment through Rapid Core Healing can help you with
- Poor self Esteem
- Substance abuse
- Parenting issues
- Personal relationship issues
- Sexual assault/abuse
Rapid Core Healing
Highly effective in processing trauma in trauma recovery.
About Practical Trauma-Informed Treatment and training through Rapid Core Healing.
Information about Yildiz and
Rapid Core Healing
Yildiz Sethi Master Counselling, Clinical Hypnotherapist and founder of Emotional Mind Integration and Rapid Core Healing.
She is the author of Rapid Core Healing and has been in private practice since 2000.
Working with adults in brief and effective Trauma recovery at The Trauma -informed Treatment practice.
Yildiz sees clients online or in person at Tamborine Mountain, Gold Coast hinterland, Qld., Australia.
Quote taken from the book Rapid Core healing Pathways for Growth and Emotional Healing by Yildiz Sethi
About Trauma-Informed Treatment in the book Rapid Core Healing.
“Rapid Core Healing consists of Emotional Mind Integration (EMI) and Family Constellations in addressing individual and systemic aspects of human experience involving conflicts, dysfunctions, trauma, family patterns and relationships.”
“Emotional Mind Integration is an approach that can quickly locate and enable clients to safely access the source of their issue, and guides them through the resolution of conflict, trauma and ‘unfinished business,’ and facilitates integration into the greater personality.”
“Family Constellations is a methodology developed by Bert Hellinger that is a brief, experiential, solution focused modality that assists individuals in coming to a better place within their family system. This assists in addressing patterns that persist through generations and does not require members of the family to be present. The process may take place in workshops or private sessions. Family Constellations assists in creating a better internal connection with the family system to enable better connections with the external world.”
“Rapid Core Healing is at the forefront of applied neuroscience. It is effective brief therapy in providing a revolutionary way of assisting people with trauma and a range of emotional and relational issues including sexual abuse and domestic violence to name only a few. The good news is that the latest research in neuroscience shows that the brain is constantly growing and reshaping itself. This means that change is possible for most of us.”
What people are saying about Rapid Core Healing Practical Trauma Informed Treatment
“This training has been a journey for me in taking the Family Constellations and the Emotional Mind Integration as well as the Rapid Core Healing helped a great deal in my self-transformation, to become a change agent for a positive society”.
Raj Leadership Coach
You are a wonderfully skilled and experienced practitioner but more importantly have a very special gift. Your intuition on where to allow the session to flow was great to watch and be a part of, while still setting appropriate boundaries.”
RCH is a powerful modality which combines both systemic and personal sides of the issue to be cleared for good. It works in such a clever, brief and compassionate way to deal with the core issue from all different sides. I simply cant think of any other modality doing that amount of work in such a short amount of time with that level of precision for lasting results. I recommend this modality to whoever wants to help others if they truly want to facilitate healing pathways to empower their client for the rest of their lives. Thanks Yildiz